September 5, 2009

On being home...

I've been home for a bit over two weeks now - and I figure it's time for a new post. It took me about a week to catch up on all of the sleep I missed during the CELTA course, and then another week to feel like doing anything... I was thoroughly enjoying not having a single thing to do!

My last four days in Prague were enjoyable. I took around 2,000 photos - I'm still going through them, and eventually I'll get around to uploading them to my flickr account :) I spent a couple evenings admiring the cathedral inside the castle grounds, and otherwise just ran around seeing as much of the city as I possibly could. I trekked up Petrin Hill, and there were some wonderful views of the city throughout the entire walk. Overall, Prague is a beautiful city, and I would like to return sometime to see anything that I missed (and to take a few photos I didn't get to this trip!)

I must admit, the thing I'm enjoying most about being home is the food. I'm savoring all of the wonderful fruit and vegetables that are available here - the one thing I was sorely lacking in Prague. I didn't find any good fruit or veggies the whole time I was there! My first meal in America was at my favorite Mexican restaurant, La Tolteca, and it was wonderful. Since then, I've been treating myself to all of the food that I won't be able to find as easily when I move back overseas.

Other things I'm enjoying about being home are being able to drive, spending time watching my cat be a complete spaz, sleeping in my own very comfortable bed, and having a washing machine that actually washes more than 10 items of clothing at a time! I'm enjoying the weather as well - it's starting to feel a bit like fall!
Well, I'm out of things to write, so, until next time...

1 comment:

Major Allen Espy said...

Prague is indeed beautiful. Interestingly enough, I almost flew from Thailand to Prague in 2003 to take the CELTA course simply because I wanted to revisit the city. Congrats on finishing the CELTA course. If you ever have any questions, I have taught TESOL four years in Thailand and one year in Uzbekistan. I look forward to following your journey. Keep your blog going. Moscow is indeed fascinating. BTW, I have some dear friends there, and couple of them are students at universities. They are about your age, and could be a great way to learn from locals. Look me up on Facebook under Major Allen Espy, and also snag my e-mail from my blog profile. Good luck with everything. My advice: be open to traveling as much as possible. Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania are fabulous..and Central Asia is intriguing as well. I have some very good friends in Tashkent who would roll out the red carpet for you. Take care and be safe.