December 26, 2009

Internet!

I finally have internet in my apartment, on my own computer! I've never felt so free!! :-D You don't realize how much you miss something until you are forced to be without it. Now I can finally post regularly on here, and my other two blogs! *insert shameless self promotion*
Reasons I Love Europe - photo blog with pictures from my travels
Moscow Daily Photo - self explanatory :) I share this site with another photographer, Irina.

It doesn't feel like the holidays here yet, most likely because we work until December 30. Some of the teachers are getting together and having a Christmas party tonight. Everyone is cooking some kind of traditional food from their country, so I'm looking forward to trying lots of new food! Maybe that will foster up some holiday spirit? I think we're all really looking forward to the New Years break - we're off from December 31-January 10. I'm personally looking forward to wandering around the city and finding more churches, and I'm hoping to get some pictures when it's snowing too.

Speaking of weather, it's quite a change from a week ago - it's now +1C/34F and raining. It's still cold enough that the rain leaves a layer of ice all over, unfortunately. I much prefer snow - a lot prettier to look at, and not so slippery! I am enjoying the mild temperature though - after my class finished on Thursday night, I spent an hour and a half taking pictures, and I didn't freeze! I'll post more later, but for now here's a picture of the New Years tree in front of Red Square.

3 comments:

Les Barr said...

Nice to read that you finally have a Internet connection. I probably would miss my Computer here if I didn't have that.

That Christmas Tree there in Moscow Square is real nice looking. I never realized that Russia celebrates Christmas like we do over here. Learn something new all the time.

Les

Alida Sharp said...

New Year's in Russia is like no other place!! I can hardly wait to hear how your impressions. For us it is like Christmas, 4th of July, Halloween and New Year's all rolled into one!

Hopefully it will start to feel more holidayish the closer it gets to New Year's. Then it will be two weeks of partying. New Year, Christmas on the 7th and then Old New Year!!

GMG said...

Hi Ashira! Welcome to the World!!! ;)

Blogtrotter has reached the January 2009 trips! Not bad; just one year delay... ;)
Enjoy and enter 2010 in great shape! Wish you all the best for the New Year!!!