November 13, 2009

Things I'll miss about America

  • Family. I'll definitely miss being close to my family, but we'll make good use of Skype for video chatting. Family also includes my kitty Dascha. I'm a cat person, and I've had always had at least 1 cat. This will be my first time being pet-less :( I'm hoping to make friends with some street kitties in Moscow. 
  • Mexican food. More specifically, La Tolteca and Chipotle. La Tolteca has been my favorite restaurant for quite a while - always delicious, fresh food, and I've never once had a bad meal! Chipotle serves larger than life burritos - my mom and I get one and split it for dinners, and sometimes that is even too much food! Something tells me I won't be finding anything like this in Moscow...
  • Cheap clothes. TJ Maxx and Marshall's are my absolute favorite places to shop. They're both discount stores, and I can come home with four things for the regular retail price of one! 
  • Driving. I love being able to walk everywhere, but I also love to drive. It's not convenience - I simply love the act of driving. If I'm feeling stressed or frustrated, I simply get in my car, put in a good CD, and drive... 
  • A clothes dryer. There's nothing like warm, soft clothes straight out of the dryer! Crunchy line dried clothes just aren't the same... especially the towels. 
  • Unscented products. I'm really not a fan of scented things, especially laundry detergent and fabric softener. Europe doesn't seem to believe in unscented anything!
  • White meat only chicken. I'm not a big meat eater, simply because I don't like things with fat or skin. Skinless, boneless, white meat is perfect for me. The last time I ate dark meat chicken was over 2 years ago, in Moscow!
  • My bed. It's big and very comfy. No further explanation needed :)

3 comments:

Major Allen Espy said...

A very interesting list!

Hey, look me up on Facebook. It's also a good way to stay in touch and post info.

katbat said...

hello - linked to you through daily photo - look forward to your posts. I have been here in Moscow for about 8 months. Good luck with the move and the new camera! curious about your packing method!

The Expatresse said...

You can get white meat chicken here! Not a problem. Skinless, boneless if you want it.

I miss Chipotle, too! And driving. I don't listen to music now because my MP3 player died (and it is dangerous, I think, to block street noise while walking here . . . need to pay attention to the cars), my CD player died, and I don't have a car any more . . . Poor me.